Marian B. Ortmayer, 95, of Whitewater, died April 26, 2014, at Fairhaven Nursing Home. She was born on July 12, 1918, in Phillips, to the late William and Selma (Schwirske) Turner.

She was married to the Rev. Ronald Ortmayer on Dec. 30, 1941, by Bishop Frank E. Wilson of the Diocese of Eau Claire at St. Katherine’s Church in Owen. He preceded her in death on Jan. 6, 1987.

Marian grew up in Phillips, graduating from Phillips High School in 1935. She graduated from Stout Institute in 1939. She was a teacher at Sevastopol, and Owen-Withe. Rev.

Ronald and Marian lived in Janesville from 1959 to 1975 where they were associated with Trinity Episcopal Church. While living in Whitewater she was a member of Alpha-Omega Club and was a member of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, where she served as a member of the altar guild.

The family remembers Marian as a wonderful cook and a huge volunteer at many church events and functions.

Survivors include her children, William R. (Maryann), Palm Coast, Fla., Mary Ann (Harry) Ortmayer-Knipp, Racine, and Mark (Mary), Green Bay; grandchildren, Michael, Jennifer, Jessica, Alex, Andrew and Megan; eight great-grandchildren and many other relatives and friends.

She was further preceded in death by her younger sister, Ethel Moquin, and a younger brother, William C.

Memorial services will be held at 11 a.m. on Monday, May 19, at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 146 S. Church St., Whitewater, with the Rev. Oscar A. Rozo officiating.

Memorial contributions can be made in Marion’s name to:  Ronald and Marion Ortmayer Program Development Fund, C/O: St. Luke’s Episcopal Church or the Council for the Blind.

The Olsen Funeral Home, Jefferson, is assisting the family.

 
 

No comments

Be the first one to leave a comment.

Post a Comment