A status conference was scheduled for April 16 for a Sharon teenager charged with sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl for whom his mother baby-sat.

At a status conference March 21, the parties announced no plea offer had been tendered between the state and Nicholas M. Trzebny, 17. Trzebny is charged with two counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child under the age of 12. Each count carries a maximum sentence of 60 years in prison. He pleaded not guilty to the charges Jan. 19.

According to the criminal complaint, the girl’s 26-year-old mother reported Jan. 2, 2017, that the then-4-year-old girl had been sexually assaulted by Trzebny, who was 15 years old at the time of the alleged assault.

The woman said when she picked her daughter up from the babysitter’s Town of Sharon home at about 8:30 p.m. Jan. 2, 2017, the girl said, “Mommy, I have to tell you something,” and then said, “Nicholas pulled my pants down” and sexually assaulted her, according to the complaint.

During a forensic interview, the girl revealed graphic details of Trzebny’s alleged assault, according to the complaint.

The girl, who was 5 years old when the charges were filed, said Trzebny offered her “beads” for doing those things and said, “It happened a lot of days when I came there,” according to the complaint. The girl’s mother said the child had been bringing home plastic beads, which she described as different-colored airsoft gun pellets, from the babysitter’s house for a long time, according to the complaint.

The woman turned over the underwear and pants the girl wore to the babysitter’s house that day, and Trzebny’s DNA was detected on the clothing, according to the complaint.

 
 

No comments

Be the first one to leave a comment.

Post a Comment


 
 
 

Local weather